Tasmanian Breath of Fresh Air (BOFA) Film Festival
Launceston, Tasmania: 4th – 8th November 2015
The Tasmanian Breath of Fresh Air (BOFA) Film Festival is small enough to be friendly yet big enough to be international in perspective! Presenting fresh, innovative features and docos to inspire you to see the wrld differently – truly a ‘breath of fresh air’…and at the centre of the Program is the BOFA festival tour. See details below of what weve packaged to make your BOFA experience one to truly savour…
Join our VIP Tour and gain insights and views from fellow film lovers, relish the exquisite produce
of the apple isle…and all that is so uniquely BOFA 2015!
Over and above the truly spectacular selection of films, we’re excited to offer you the chance to join the official BOFA Tour, an opportunity to meet, greet and gain a unique insider’s view of what the Festival has to offer…to determine what your BOFA really is! Under the expert guidance of producer Tamara Popper, you can now choose from the following carefully curated events…
Special offer for the first 20 BOFA Tourists – Take advantage of the BOFA TOUR PACKAGE and save!
- BEHIND THE BUBBLES TOUR (see below)…
- RED CARPET FILM AND AFTER PARTY – for a wonderful film/cuisine experience (see below)…
- TASTE OF THE TAMAR VALLEY Tour (see below)…
- BOFA DEVIL AWARDS – exclusive to film industry and BOFA Tour (see below)…
…or simply pick and choose from the individual selections below to suit your personal itinerary and budget…
Wednesday 4th November, 11.30am – 5.50pm. (Tour leaves from Inveresk): BEHIND THE BUBBLES TOUR
Tasmanian sparkling wines are generally acknowledged as amongst Australia’s finest. Brands such as Jansz and House of Arras are prominent in wine shows and on best restaurant wine lists. BOFA’s ‘Behind the Bubbles tours will give you privileged access to Tasmania’s best sparkling wineries and winemakers.
The small group tours will be led by Tony Walker, author of Vintage Tasmania, the complete book of Tasmanian wine and a Tasmanian wine writer with 25 years experience.
The Tour Includes:
- Apogee – Andrew Pirie will take you through a special tasting of his single vineyard Apogee sparkling wines, the culmination of 40 years experience in Tasmanian wine. (This vineyard is not open to the public).
- Pipers Brook – A Tasmanian seafood lunch at Pipers Brook, where winemaker Rene Bezemer will lead you through a tasting of his four sparkling wines matched with fine food.
- Jansz – A very special tasting at the spectacular Jansz Wine Room, home of Tasmania’s first sparkling wine.
- House of Arras – A private tasting on the vines of these flagship sparkling wines, including several not normally offered for tasting.
- Vintage Tasmania – Your own signed copy of Vintage Tasmania, the complete book of Tasmanian Wine (RRP $49.95).
Thursday 5th Nov @ 7.30pm: RED CARPET FILM AND AFTER PARTY
Join us for the official BOFA Red Carpet film and after party. See the highly acclaimed ‘Death or Liberty’ and then join us for the official BOFA 2015 after party – one of Launceston’s major calendar events of the year!
Saturday 7 November, 11.00am – 3.30pm. (Tour leaves from Inveresk): TASTE OF THE TAMAR VALLEY
Based in the heart of the Tamar Valley, Goaty Hill Wines has joined with Casa Paella and a range of local producers to offer a series of onsite cooking classes. Geared towards seasonality, local ingredients and great food and wine, the classes aim to showcase the best of our region. Hear from chef Edrick Corban-Banks as he demonstrates and shares his experience and knowledge of cooking authentic Valencian Paella. Understand the seasonal workings of the Goaty Hill vineyard with a personal vineyard tour followed by a wine tasting with Goaty Hill owner, Natasha Nieuwhof. The cost per person includes bus from Launceston to the vineyard and return, recipes, wine tasting, vineyard tour and
Saturday 7th Nov 5.30pm at the Design Tasmania Theatre: BOFA DEVIL AWARDS
BOFA 2015 celebrates and acknowledges the highly creative Tasmanian and Australian screen industry with the BOFA Devil awards. Join the festival directors, local and guest filmmakers and screen industry professionals in celebration of filmmaker achievements across four major awards. Drinks and canapes provided.( Exclusive to film industry and BOFA Tourists).